Wednesday, January 04, 2006

:: A story of Ruby ::


I always think that fairy tales are never true and merely beautiful imaginated stories. This thought never wipe off until i met Ruby. I am going to share a story of Ruby.

Ruby was a teenager when she started to work as a helper or housemaid. She wasn't as lucky as others who have chance to go to school. She came from a poor family. She worked with a family where the kids were close to her. Especially the youngest toddler who liked to tie to her. Throughout her employment there, she learnt mandarin and some dialects from the family. She was a hardworking girl. She left after 4 years working there and I never knew her story after this.

Half year ago, my mom met her and exchanged contact number. I started to SMS her and she is doing very well now. Till i met her few months ago, she was so well dressed, with a genuine Louis Vuitton handbag and an exquisite watch. She is totally off from the used to be helper.

A day before new year eve, i had a call from her inviting my family for a dinner at her house. I went with App3L and my brother. Maybe i should address her house as houses instead of house. Coz she has 2 semi-detacheds linking together with big compound. Upon arriving at her place, we were welcomed by her two cute little daughters. They inherited the look of their father who is an 'ang mo' from London. But they speak both English and Bidayuh. Thinking back of it, Ruby didn't even know English when she was a teen. But thank god, she was a keen learner. She back to school for form 3 till form 5. Although it was tough for her to get through, with her firm determination, she had achieved it! Then, she took English course for 1 year. So she is fluent in English with the strong accent of UK. I think partly coz of her husband too. She met her husband at his working place, where they are now happily ever after. I am truly happy for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home