Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ribbon embroidery

To proof that i don't lie, that i really do do embroidery, let's see my work?

This is what i want to do... that's the plan.

This is part of what i've done. It's 90% complete. Still at embroidery hoop. The fabric is shandong silk. Ribbon is silk ribbon. You gotta buy them somewhere out of Kuching, like Singapore, or perhaps KL. I bought at Golden Dragon, at People's Park centre, Singapore.
1 metre cost S$0.60. This is still reasonable. I came across a friend who told me, hand-dyed silk ribbon from KL cost RM20 for 3 metres. Maybe it's hand-dyed that made it more costly. What i bought is none hand-dyed.


So, that's it. Still a lot of space for improvement. This is for ring pillow. Will show the outcome if got chance. :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Pink Cotton said...

wow...really prettty...detailed and intricate

woi u not fair...urs prettier than your koko's...LOL!!!

11:15 PM  
Blogger or2ng3s said...

*innocent* don't say like that la~ I don't even know how mine will turn into like? then that time, silk ribbons cannot be found at kch. If not i went to sg, i also won't use silk ribbons. Then, all will be threads only.

Anyway, i put all my effort in doing both lo. Just that, using silk ribbons can present roses better. If use threads, I can't control the strokes.

7:54 AM  
Blogger 13th Panda said...

wau!! very pretty lo!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Redsponge said...

VERY PRETTY...especially the roses!
When will be ready?

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks great... lots of patience needed
I still remember the last time I was doing this... though i can't really recall was it embroidery but it was not difficult to do as you need to make sure you are within the drawing and covers all the white cloth
:)

12:11 AM  
Blogger or2ng3s said...

:D thank u thank u. the embroidery is actually done. but the whole thing as pillow is not done yet.

zeroimpact, it's exactly like what u said. patience is definitely needed. I couldn't believe i completed it!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home