Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Crossstitch


I don't remember when i started learning about cross-stitch. But I can count with my fingers the pieces of cross -stitch that I've done. Rather than "have done", it should be more to "have started" coz most of them are never done! hahaha... All mostly 60-70% completed. My first two pieces were of simple art. First piece was a rabbit in a bit rattan-like frame. I completed the rabbit but not the little deco beside. Next was a piece with 2 or 3 kittens. I have no idea to what extend I've done it. Since then, I didn't want to do cross-stitch coz I knew I never completed them.
Until 2 years back when I was in job hunting period, my mom bought this cross-stitch from Singapore. It's a pair of couple in traditional chinese wedding costume. I was watching mom doing the cross-stitch thinking when she could finish it since she suffered from neck stiff after much concentration on crossstitch"ing". Her eyes would start to ache too. So I thought of helping her a little. As if there's magnet field between my fingers and the needle, I couldn't stop crossstitch'ing'. There's somekind of satisfactory gained that made me addicted during that time, urging me to complete the crossstitch as soon as possible. And I never thought I could have completed it at the end.

Here, the crossstitch.
Hmm, 1/4 was done by mom. That was the guy's 'skirt'. The part that I like most in this piece of crossstitch is the "thing" they hold. I don't know what's the term for that, it's something like ribbon. Could you guys notice what's the design on both the bride and bridegroom 'skirt'? Logically it should be "long & fung" which is "dragon & phoenix". But I told my mom the phoenix looked more like a duck rather than a phoenix. Adding to that, mom said the dragon looked like a snake rather than a dragon. :-p

Hmm my current piece of crossstitch is 70% completed. I must complete it before next Chinese New Year, else my mom will go after me! kekeke...

4 Comments:

Blogger Pink Cotton said...

HEHE
AGREE AGREE!
i cannot understand y i ALMOST always cannot finsih crosstitch..put ALMOST la..cos my first cross-stitch is also using the rattan basket :P
but i finished it wo!kekeke..

then after taht ... my mama owes help me to finish all that i ever started until she warn me not to start any cross stitch 'x'

11:40 AM  
Blogger Redsponge said...

heeeeeeeee i nvr started one! 'x'

12:31 PM  
Blogger or2ng3s said...

pinkcotton, lucky that ur mama helped u to finish, but i dun hav wor. Now i dunno where they are.

2:02 PM  
Blogger 13th Panda said...

I ever did a mickey cross-stitch!

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home